MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error on this board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:mySQL error: 2002
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Query:

I just got that several times in a row. First when trying to start a new thread, then when trying to view a thread, then when trying to view a forum. Now it's gone away. Just thought you should know.
err.. the server was probably stopped for the daily backup or... scheduled backup
First this error is at all not related to mybb codes, that;s why it shouldn't be posted in the bugs forum.

Umm this error sometimes happen, related to the sql server , actually sometimes i had this error but others had mybb working.

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:First this error is at all not related to mybb codes, that;s why it shouldn't be posted in the bugs forum.

Umm this error sometimes happen, related to the sql server , actually sometimes i had this error but others had mybb working.

regards

yeah i think Chris Boulton told us why a bit back.. he said it was stopping the database server so it could do its backup.
squall is correct.

Every two days the server performs a full backup of all databases and all database files (not SQL files - actual MySQL data files). To perform this, the script shuts down MySQL temporarily to ensure that all table writes and updates are completed so the data is not corrupt in the backup.