MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO Urls (with renamed htaccess) gives 404 fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-01-24, 03:14 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so recently I was paid to write a custom conversion script for someone, and they wanted SEO URLs on their MyBB board. So we turned it on in the ACP (Automatic Detection), and renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess. Automatic detection worked fine and we got:
http://www.someurl.com/forums/forum-2.html
for our forum links.

However, when clicked on, that link generated this lovely 404 error.
Not Found

The requested URL /home/domains/account_name/public_html/forums/forumdisplay.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.someurl.com Port 80

After a few minutes of research I learned this was a pretty common mod_rewrite error with CentOS, and how to fix it.

In order to correct the error, we simply had to change:
RewriteEngine on

To
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /forums/

So, anyone else who encounters this error, it is a simple and trivial fix. Enjoy.

Nice trick buddy...BTW, i was also facing the same issue. Forget what i did. But I am sure I didn't do the changes to htaccess....will post if remeber it Smile
You probably edited your Apache configuration directly. But then again, maybe not Smile
It would not do any harm to include the.

RewriteBase /forums/

Even if you don't require it. If you have your forum installed in the ROOT directory it should be changed to this below, just to make people aware who don't know.

RewriteBase /
(2011-03-04, 10:49 PM)Gary Bolton Wrote: [ -> ]It would not do any harm to include the.

RewriteBase /forums/

Even if you don't require it. If you have your forum installed in the ROOT directory it should be changed to this below, just to make people aware who don't know.

RewriteBase /

i did it..but still showing the same error.SadSad
If that didn't work for you, then you're obviously facing a different issue. You can open your own thread here in General Support, but if it is a problem caused by your host we will just point you to asking them.
doesn't do anything at all. Undecided
I have thesame error in my bb forum.. I dont know what to do on this error..
thank share interesting fantantastic update sound!
(2011-03-17, 12:15 AM)enhu Wrote: [ -> ]doesn't do anything at all. Undecided

(2011-03-17, 08:54 AM)ecigcart Wrote: [ -> ]I have thesame error in my bb forum.. I dont know what to do on this error..

If your forum is installed inside a folder located in the ROOT directory named "public_html/forums" for example.
http://www.yoursite.com/forums/index.php

Instead of putting the .htaccess file in the ROOT (public_html) directory "one level above your forums folder", put it in your forums folder were your index.php file is located. Then try either one of these below as mentioned above.

I think that's right (change the name forums if your folders name is different).
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /forums/

If not try this.
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

But the .htaccess file should be in the same place as your forum files.
I am getting continous error. see below.
also check the .htaccess file also

[Image: 94742869633541957210.jpg]
Ca n u please help me or upload google seo for me.
(convert .htacsess file to htaccess.txt for attaching)

Pages: 1 2 3