MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Install - cannot find forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary:

We have a phpBB3 forum active on our site. Our goal was to install MyBB and test it out before moving all the users/posts/data.

I completed the installation as per all the instructions, and got to the final success page. I read the wiki and searched these boards for this or similar problem but didn't find it.

I can log into the Admin Control Panel. In the configuration tab, all of the board settings entries are listed twice. When I do a file verification, it reports there are many, if not all, the files are missing.

Its as if there are no forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

URL: www.knightblades.net/MyBB555/

New installation

This is what I get when I go to the above url through my browser:

Index of /MyBB555

Parent Directory
admin/
archive/
cache/
images/
inc/
jscripts/
uploads/
Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.9 Server at knightblades.net Port 80
As the file verification has told you, you're just missing all of the root files, upload them and it'll work...
If they didn't come with your download, then download Mybb again.
Thank you for the replies. I'll give it a try.
Just wanted to say thank you again. For some strange reason, I didn't see all the missing files after extracting the zip file. So, the fault was mine, I never uploaded the files.Blush

I have since uploaded the missing files and everything is working well!