MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How Do You?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you install a plug in like make it were you can install it?

Like upload it to your site.
I mean like how do you get a plugin I downloaded on my site
OK, so if you are using a true mybb hoster where you have to UPLOAD the files manually, heres how you do it.
If the site includes just sign up and your forum has been created, this is not real mybb, but people with mybb and had MyBB of their own and added your "forum" all of these forums are controlled by one panel that only site admins can access...
If you used a true host, here is how you do it:
1. Go to the control panel of your site, not the admin cp, but the control panel where you uploaded mybb to.
2. Extract your plugin's folder.
3. Look at the files... place them EXACTLY how the folder lays them out.
4. 1 of the files must be in the directory inc/plugins and some go into inc/languages and some even go into inc/languages/admin and few (like the gallery) go to the main directory (directory where the whole forums go)
5. Go to your admin cp on the site --->Configuration----> Plugins -----> Activate the plugins and voila!! Your plugin will now appear, but you also have to configure it in the configuration home.
Bump. Still looking for a better explanation... I get lost at 3.
- Download the plugin from here or any other site that has MyBB plugins.
- Extract/Unzip the file fromt he downloaded file.
- Upload the files to your forum using your ftp program. When uploading, if theres only one file in the plugin then you need to upload that file to inc/plugins folder. If there are more than one files they will have been put in their respective folders such as inc/languages or admin/modules and so on. If there is a readme file in there it will explain more in detail.
- After the files are uploaded, go to your forum's admincp and click on plugins. You should see the plugin you just uploaded in the list of plugins there.
- Activate/Install the plugin from there and setup the settings of the plugin from the settings page.