MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP logging in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll start with an apology as I know that this has been posted many times but I cannot access the admin cp for my forum

I have searched this forum for further information and also read through the wiki post but am totally stuck Huh

My login details for the admin cp no longer seem to work and I can't see anyway to request a password reminder or reset option (not sure if this option existed in the past or not?)

The information in the wiki says to look at the cookies by going to admincp - configuration - cookies (etc) but I have no way of doing this as I can't log in to admincp ????

We switched hosts a few months ago and I was able to log into the admincp without any problems, until the last week or so.

Can anyone help?

I am a total technophobe (so speak slowly)

Also, I have no idea which version we are using. Is there anyway to determine this? I guess that you may need to know in order to answer the question.

Its a private forum so reluctant to post url (happy to DM it though)

Many thanks
When you log in does it instantly log you back out?
So when you login, does it just go straight back to the login screen without showing any other page, or what?? Can you login to the forum itself??
Hi there thanks for the quick replies.

I can log into the forum without any problem at all.

Once in the forum, I click on the small blue link at the top which says 'Admin CP' and am automatically taken to a separate log in page which asks for username and password.

I enter in the last known username and password but the page refreshes, the log in info information that I entered has been wiped and it says

"You are either not a valid administrator or have not logged in.
Please login below"

So yes, I just get the same log in screen again
I think you've removed your Administrator permissions. Are there any other users with ACP on your forum?
What, so it still shows the ACP link on the forum...?? That doesn't make much sense as that'll only show if you can access the ACP...

Also, from that error message you get, it sounds like you're still running MyBB 1.2, which hasn't had an update in two and a half years, and which we haven't supported here for one and a half years... can you PM me your URL??
Update

I somehow managed to resolve this issue a few days ago by experimenting with various passwords, it was a lucky guess and I managed to get access to the ACP. I made a very careful note of my password to ensure that it didn't happen again. But tried to access the ACP today and the same thing is happening again.

So a few days ago, it let me log in but today it won't?

I'm guessing that I should probably upgrade to the latest version of the software as soon as possible but just wondered whether this is going to be possible if I don't have acess to the ACP.

Can anyone let me know whether I need access to the ACP in order to upgrade?

Thanks
You'd need to deactivate plugins before you upgrade, and you'd need to login to the upgrader with your admin account. Your admin account can't just suddenly stop working, and then work again, and then stop working again, it doesn't have a mind of it's own...