MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrated, paged shout box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I'm wondering if a plug-in exists for an integrated shout box that doesn't appear on the Index or anywhere around the forum, but rather on its own page. I've tried looking, but haven't found one. Does anyone know of one or be willing to make one?

Cheers and thanks, Reece.
You can do this with a plugin, if you added a custom page, placed the shoutbox hook {My_Shoutbox} on that page or etc. Ajax chat is close to that but very buggy at best.
Are there any other shoutbox/chat plug-ins? As in, can somebody give me a complete list?

Also, how would I go about adding the new page? I've tried the Page Manager plug-in, but am not a fan of the links it returns ("/misc.php?title=shoutbox", or whatever).
Well you could use .HTAcces to rename the files into whatever.
BUMP.
Use MyShoutbox by Pirata Nervo. I used that with MyCMS (by Nickman, MyBBSource) to place a chat on a separate page.
(2011-03-27, 12:57 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Use MyShoutbox by Pirata Nervo. I used that with MyCMS (by Nickman, MyBBSource) to place a chat on a separate page.

I'll look into that. Cheers.