MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activate account when you shouldn't be able to.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When using the "administrator activation" registration method, users are still able to activate their accounts by browsing to a page that'll bring up the "You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page." page.

After the third possible reason, a link is provided which can be used to send an activitation code to any e-mail address. After following the procedure, the new user will become registered without admin approval.

This problem can be fixed immediately by going to "Error message templates > error_nopermission_loggedin" and remove the link after "error_nopermission_user_4".

Hope you'll remove it in the next version. Wink
err no, becoz that will result in it being removed in the case where it actually is needed.

such as if you haven't recieved the activation email (and you were supposed to have) or if you change your email address and never get the email (which is also supposed to be sent.)
Quote:This problem can be fixed immediately by going to "Error message templates > error_nopermission_loggedin" and remove the link after "error_nopermission_user_4".

That alone wont help actually, because there is a link in the admin cp to resend the activation code. Wink

read here. I guess it should be also fixed. Smile

regards
Tnx again, Zaher. It's my first post but you helped me out plenty of times before on other people's posts. Wink