MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The showcase thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a little suggestion..

I really think you need to add a rule to the showcase thread that you must be able to write and comprehend english. Too often I see someone post a thread that is clearly written using google translate or some type of broken english that is barely readable. Then every response by the OP is the same, often with them unable to comprehend any of our advice. Just my thoughts.
I just realized this probably isn't in the right section.. feel free to move it
I See these a lot too. we could add a showcase forum in different languages, that could work too. Regardless, you are right, google translation is not the way to go.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. Can we please take the elitism down a few notches? Lots of people start out as 12 year old newbs. I would rather not make their impression of MyBB an elitism point of view. If we can be caring and herd the newbs, maybe we can get on autoinstallers, maybe we can breed the next generation of forumers with MyBB 2.0.

Who knows.
I thought we were talking about translating and improper english, not age. I have no issue with age what so ever.
(2011-01-26, 04:46 AM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]I thought we were talking about translating and improper english, not age. I have no issue with age what so ever.

Same here.. Age is not what I was refering to at all.. did you even read my post? lol
I think what Ari meant was that some of the people who type like that are 12 year olds, and they have to start somewhere.
A lot of the people blasted like that are young and therefore even would type a report in l33t spk bcuz thts epix haxors braos! And who cares if english isn't their first language. We are looking at their sites, not them.
I personally don't think it should be targeted to just English sites. We offer support for other languages here so they shouldn't be allowed to advertise their MyBB site?

(2011-01-26, 03:20 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]And who cares if english isn't their first language. We are looking at their sites, not them.
Exactly.

If you can understand what they are saying then I don't think it's an issue if their English is poor, if their post is completely incomprehensible then report it and we will close it.