MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: subscribed threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do i set the subscribed threads so the default is instant email notification for all new members.
I've had a few members ask for it to auto subscribe them to the threads they make and post in.
I've explained them to set it up in the usercp but i'd like to set that as default so new members will be auto subscribed to their threads and posts.
Does no one know how to do this when a user registers i want it to say instant email notification for default thread subscription, by default, instead of do not subscribe.
In the member_register template, change

<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>

to

<option value="2" selected="selected">{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>

and remove {$no_subscribe_selected} and {$no_email_subscribe_selected}

You need to be careful about doing this though, there may be laws that say that these sorts of things have to be manually opted into, not manually opted out of.
Thank matt i'll approach the members again and see how they want to go about it. Apparently alot of forums have this as a option and you need to turn it off i have been on vbulletin forums and had to change the option to not subscribe to every post.