MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail doesnt work / new post etc..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

We installed this great forum few months ago and love the way it works, but still unable to resolve 1 issue. Mail doesnt work

- Answare to post --> mail to user

We dont use registration seens we integrate the users with our owns system users automatilcy so basicly public registration is off.

Iv also checked local sendmail for PHPmail(working OK) and checked with outer mail(not local sendmail) checked and tests still nothing.

What do we do wrong here.

Many thanks for any lead on that.

Ran,
So when you run this test, you get the email?? [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2011-01-27, 11:00 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]So when you run this test, you get the email?? [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Sure, i tested all that, sendmail working ok tail -f /var/log/maillog show email sent ok with this test file.

I also didnt get a mail when you posted answare to my post so im thinking maybee it doesnt suppose to inform users when somebody posts on thier posts.
It'll only email them about replies if they've subscribed for email notifications to the thread...
Matt thanks,

How do you subscribe? i dont see any option/checkbox for that.
Is it possible to force this for all threads on the db level? some db parameter etc..
How aboat administrator get email on every each new post is this possible?

At the bottom of the thread, there's a link to subscribe to it. Getting an email for every new post is not possible by default, because it would be a great way for spammers to overload your mail server. You can get notifications of new threads by subscribing to forums, and notifications of new replies by subscribing to threads, but you'd still need to manually subscribe to the thread, or set it to subscribe when you reply to it.
Works great. Many thanks.