MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting error message when installing V.i.P Membership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heres the error msg

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1050 - Table 'mybb_vipmembership_memberships' already exists
Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_vipmembership_memberships ( mid bigint(30) UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment, uid bigint(30) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', newgroup int(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', endgroup int(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', date bigint(30) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', wait bigint(30) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', years bigint(30) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', months bigint(30) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', days bigint(30) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', hours bigint(30) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', minutes bigint(30) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', seconds bigint(30) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', additional smallint(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', expired smallint(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', alerted smallint(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL default '0', note text NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (mid) ) ENGINE=MyISAM
You've somehow installed plugin twice. Error states table already exists. It may have died during installation and now you'll have to manually edit the plugin file or make adjustments in phpmyadmin. I would seek the author for assistance.

And MyBB does not assist in General Support for plugins.
Happens a lot when the plugin tried installing and had an error partway through, part of the db queries happened, part didn't.

Some things I do to try and fix the problem:
1. Deactivate, then reactivate the plugin. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling.
2. Copy the url used to uninstall the plugin [may not be available to you] and manually paste it into URL bar.
3. This honestly sounds like an error in the actual file, you'll need to speak with the plugin coder directly about the issue most likely.

~fizz
Go into phpMyAdmin, select your database, click the 'SQL' tab, and run this query,
DROP TABLE `mybb_vipmembership_memberships`;

Now you can install the plugin.