MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CLOSED- PokeKingdom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
PokeKingdom forums is a place for all Pokemon fans! You can chat, discuss, and do anything with Pokemon!

CLOSED (reason is classified).

Need someone to do a logo, if you can register, PM me, I'm PokeAdmin on it and I'll give you the infoSmile
What's with all these Pokemon forums? It's not a unique niche whatsoever anymore.
It needs a proper domain too.

(2011-01-27, 10:29 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]What's with all these Pokemon forums? It's not a unique niche whatsoever anymore.

At least this one has the common sense to not break up general Pokemon Discussion between 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th generations lol
(2011-01-27, 10:29 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]It needs a proper domain too.

(2011-01-27, 10:29 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]What's with all these Pokemon forums? It's not a unique niche whatsoever anymore.

At least this one has the common sense to not break up general Pokemon Discussion between 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th generations lol

I will be getting a domain soon hopefully.
... Wait so it's called PokeKingdom, but the link is called poketraceforums?
(2011-01-27, 10:32 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]... Wait so it's called PokeKingdom, but the link is called poketraceforums?

Yeah... 1st I named it PokeTrace (IDK just I felt like it).
But then PokeKingdom sounded better, but I tried changing the URL but for some reason it didn't work.
Quote:Rule 3: Do NOT double post/one word post, Do NOT SPAM, Do NOT type in all CAPS

SPAM (Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages) is not permitted in this forum. Punishment will be imminent if caught spamming. Spamming includes: posting irrelevant replies to a topic, posting the same topic more than once, double posting, and posts that are less than one sentence. Spam is unnecessary and does not add anything to our forum. If you need to make an addition to your previous post, do not hesitate to use the edit button at the top left corner of the post. Also, DO NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS, LIKE THIS -- it is very annoying to read and is quite unnecessary. Also, do not overuse smilies, this will be considered SPAM and is very annoying.

Rule 6: Do not Revive Old Topics

Old topics are a thing of the past and do not need to be revived (anything two weeks or older is considered old). Usually they will be locked and moved to the "Archives" forum, but if you by chance see one, please notify an administrator or moderator to lock and move it.

Rule 7: You Are Responsible For Your Account

If someone spams from your account, you are still held responsible for that action. This "excuse" is used commonly for spamming and then trying to return to the forums.

Rule 8: Respect Administrator and Moderator Decisions

Please respect administrators' and moderators' decisions. They usually have a legitimate reason for a ban, or any other action, but if you strongly feel that one of them has been wrong, talk to another administrator about it. Most of the time we will converse about something before making a big decision.

Rule 9: Do Not Beg for a higher position; Do Not Beg for Pokemon

As of now we are currently not looking for any more moderators or administrators so please do not ask for these positions. Administrators will pick out people for the job. You will receive warning and a ban if the begging occurs again. Also, do not beg for pokemon in the forums. We have a trading forum where you can offer to trade one of your pokemon for another desired one.

Rule 10: Do Not Ask Other Members About Personal Information

Please do not ask others about their personal information (i.e.: age, last name, address) on this forum. We discourage any sort of action that invades other people's privacy and intend to keep it that way. You are allowed to ask first name, and gender, but if you go too far, the person can report it to the admins and you will be punished.

Rule 11: Do Not Chatspeak on the Forums

If you are having a conversation with someone else on the forums, do not "chatspeak". There is a chatbox at the bottom of the homepage that you can use to have conversations. Chatspeak is usually considered as spam as well because it clogs up and floods the forums. So please do not use it too much. Chatspeak includes: "k", "plz", "tho", "dis", "iz", etc. Common abbreviations, however, are allowed, such as "brb", "lol", and "bbl".

Rule 12: DO NOT act like a apricot bag.

Now I'm telling you this to help you.
These rules need to go.

#3, #6, #11
You guys are a new forum, if some people double post, or use chat speak, who cares? You guys are looking for activity, and any contributing activity should be accepted.

And really, does #6 really apply right now? You're new, no posts are old.

#7, this shouldn't be a rule, it just makes you seem power hungry & strict. It can be written just as a policy warning users that they're responsible, and you'd help them as much as you can.

#9, Again, it makes you guys sound like power-hungry staff.

#10, A policy advising users to be cautious & not reveal personal info is better than a rule restricting people from asking.

#12, this seems to conflict with your No Cursing rule, to me you're cussing out right here. This should be removed too, or at least rephrased so it doesn't make you guys (again) seem like power hungry staff or just generally mean people. Perhaps No disruptive behavior?

And when I went into your "New Member Introductions" section, it changed skins to "Apart Flame", is it suppose to do that? Try 1 main theme first.
I know you from Pokeboard I bet. You forum has no content, no domain, and the theme hurts my eyes.
(2011-01-27, 10:50 PM)Electric Pokémon Master Wrote: [ -> ]I know you from Pokeboard I bet. You forum has no content, no domain, and the theme hurts my eyes.

Seriously? You're going to criticize his theme from what you have?
(2011-01-27, 10:50 PM)Electric Pokémon Master Wrote: [ -> ]I know you from Pokeboard I bet. You forum has no content, no domain, and the theme hurts my eyes.

What are you talking about, have you seen yours?

(2011-01-27, 10:51 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]

Seriously? You're going to criticize his theme from what you have?

I completely agree, what a hypocrite.
Pages: 1 2