MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning System and PMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When using the warning system, if the registered user has decided not to receive PMs you dont get any alert when you use the "Notify User:" option advising you that they will not get the PM.

I'd like to see some alert message so that you can send them an email or take some other action.

Is this a bug?
(2011-01-28, 01:59 PM)RArch Wrote: [ -> ]When using the warning system, if the registered user has decided not to receive PMs you dont get any alert when you use the "Notify User:" option advising you that they will not get the PM.

I'd like to see some alert message so that you can send them an email or take some other action.

Is this a bug?

If you intend to give the person a moderator warning.I suggest that you enter his account and change the settings to allow that user to receive PMs from other users.That you also can make the e-mails be from administrators.

ACP>User & Groups>Chose the intended user>Options>Edit Profile & Settings>Account Settings

Mods don't have admincp access. Personally I think the warning should ignore if a PM system is enabled for the user. I don't believe the PM system has a switch for that but it should add one.
(2011-01-28, 02:32 PM)Sunsettommy Wrote: [ -> ]If you intend to give the person a moderator warning.I suggest that you enter his account and change the settings to allow that user to receive PMs from other users.That you also can make the e-mails be from administrators.

I might not have been clear.

The point is that there is no indication when you give the person the warning that they have PMs off. As the Moderator you don't realise that they will never get your message.

(2011-01-28, 05:05 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Mods don't have admincp access. Personally I think the warning should ignore if a PM system is enabled for the user. I don't believe the PM system has a switch for that but it should add one.

Yes, that would be a solution. Force sending the PM even if they have switched it off.

I'd still think there should be some sort of alert indicating that they have PMs disabled.
Yeah I understand now.

Still you can adjust his user profile to accept Admin PM's.

Then send the warning.

Yes, you could if you knew it was disabled...
(2011-01-29, 03:40 PM)RArch Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you could if you knew it was disabled...

I was talking about that one member you already know about.

Maybe you post in the forum asking everyone to set their PM's from Administrators to yes?

There should be an option for mods and admins to bypass PM settings.
Any further suggestions on this?

Anyone care to make a mod or plugin to allow PMs from an Admin or Moderator to be sent to Members even if they have select not to receive PMs?
This will see the light of day in 1.6.5 (tentatively)

http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1558
Pages: 1 2