MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email subscriptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello I have got this forum installed and working but cannot get the subscriptions working. If I subscribe to a forum I don't get notified when replies are made or if new threads are started. I have checked the mail setting and ran the php mail test which works. Also if I click on the email link at the bottom of a reply I can sucessfully send an email to the poster and they get it. Is there a process that runs periodically to check and send mail?

Any pointer in the right direction would be useful. Many thanks in advance

Grant
Can you check the task manager in admicp >> Tools & Maintenance and see if the mass mail task is enabled and running?

Also, check your footer template to make sure you have the task.php there which runs the tasks
Checked and the mass mail is enabled and running. Could you point me in the right direction for the footer template?
Hello

Managed to find the footer template and have attached it. It doesn't seem to have reference to task.php

Grant
(2011-01-29, 05:38 PM)gb145 Wrote: [ -> ]Checked and the mass mail is enabled and running. Could you point me in the right direction for the footer template?
Hello

Managed to find the footer template and have attached it. It doesn't seem to have reference to task.php

Grant

The footer template is fine, the task_image bit is what I was asking about.

Are you using PHP or SMTP as your mail?

Could we have your URL and a test account?
Subscription emails aren't sent via the task system anyway.

(2011-01-28, 03:00 PM)gb145 Wrote: [ -> ]If I subscribe to a forum I don't get notified when replies are made or if new threads are started.

You'd only be getting new thread notifications anyway, to get notifications of new replies, you need to subscribe to threads.

Are you sure you're subscribed via email, and not just subscribed with no email...??
Hi just checked and it does work if I create a new thread and also if I get a reply on on a thread that I have specifically subscribed to. Is it possible to make it default that all registered users get notified for everything that gets created?

Grant
I'll write a plugin for this as a fair few people have asked for it. Give me a bit of time.
Is there anything that I can do on a manual basis as I only have about 40 users in total?
For current users and threads, physically yes, but it involves adding a row to the threadsubscriptions table for every user for every thread. Basically multiply the number of users you have by the number of threads you have and that's how many queries you'd need to run to assign all current users to all current threads.
Ok Matt as the site isn't fully live the only threads that are live are test ones, so what do I do to make it so users get automatically subscribed to new posts and new reply's?

Grant
Pages: 1 2