MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error after Installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've read through the threads and searched for the answer to this but I can't seem to figure out what the problem. The install is finished but when I go to the link where the forum was installed I get this message:

Warning: require_once(../mybb_1601/Upload/global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/cavsdesi/public_html/tedrays/forums/index.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../mybb_1601/Upload/global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home1/cavsdesi/public_html/tedrays/forums/index.php on line 18

-----

I used Dreamweaver to upload the files and someone posted about the program changing the directory when it's used but I'm not sure how to tell if that's an issue.
The errors are saying it can't find index.php and global.php. Can you check if they are there?
(2011-01-28, 11:22 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]The errors are saying it can't find index.php and global.php. Can you check if they are there?

Both there.

Forums/index.php
Forums/global.php

Permissions are set to 644... should that be changed?
The errors are saying that the file you're loading/viewing (index.php) is in the /forums/ folder, but it says it's looking for a file in /mybb_1601/Upload/... where exactly have you put your files...??
(2011-01-28, 11:42 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The errors are saying that the file you're loading/viewing (index.php) is in the /forums/ folder, but it says it's looking for a file in /mybb_1601/Upload/... where exactly have you put your files...??

File location is /public_html/website/forums

I have no idea why it's looking for the files in a different location. We're using a specific host website for the hosting but this install is for a different site that has it's own folder/files. Haven't had an issue with any other uploads.

It's a cPanel host if that helps at all.
PM me FTP login details and I'll have a look at what's going on. You did download MyBB from here, right?? I can't see how it'd even be looking for files in that location if you've got the files were they are...
I don't know where you got this download from, but instead of this

require_once "./global.php";

it has this

require_once "../mybb_1601/Upload/global.php";

actually hardcoded into the files. God only knows how/why that is there, but it shouldn't be. I've reuploaded the root files which should fix the problem, but if you find out who made these edits, please tell them not to try and edit anything like this again.
(2011-01-29, 12:01 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know where you got this download from, but instead of this

require_once "./global.php";

it has this

require_once "../mybb_1601/Upload/global.php";

actually hardcoded into the files. God only knows how/why that is there, but it shouldn't be. I've reuploaded the root files which should fix the problem, but if you find out who made these edits, please tell them not to try and edit anything like this again.

I won't be at my computer for a few, should I run the install again when I get back? The link still shows the same error.

Also, could it be something with dreamweaver that causes the odd folder structure?
Clear your browser's cache.
Deleted the files altogether and started a new install. This time uploaded without Dreamweaver and used filezilla instead.

Worked just fine. There might be an issue with Dreamweaver as the ftp client with this install?
Pages: 1 2