MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Xbox Site!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-01-29, 04:27 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a rip.. I used my own images. Yes I did contact them and they said the theme designer owns the rights to the theme. I contacted him through email and phone and he won't respond

lol he didn't reply so you used it anyway?

classy
You copied the logo style, used the same header (identical images), and your forum index is practically identical too.. and you're denying this?
I don't deny any similarities.. clearly they are similar.. I did make the images myself (except the icons which you'll see on many sites).. I called the designer twice and he just hangs up on me without even looking at my site so there's nothing I can do about that.. the theme is different enough not be considered ripping/theft in my eyes.. If you don't feel that way it's your choice
See Microsoft vs MikeCroweSoft
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_vs._MikeRoweSoft

If it resembles a copyrighted item, you likely will get slapped.
(2011-01-29, 04:27 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I did contact them and they said the theme designer owns the rights to the theme. I contacted him through email and phone and he won't respond

I'm afraid that doesn't then make it okay to just use it anyway. Looking at it, the only images that are different are the thead and the background. For a minute I wasn't sure whether I was looking at your forum or theirs, I think that says enough.
Pages: 1 2