MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fiction Lovers - My fiction site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Board Title: Fiction Loves
URL: http://fictionlovers.org
Genre: fiction, hobbies

Hello! Fiction Lovers is my forum for fiction lovers of all kinds, whether it be books, movies, writing, tv shows, authors, you name it! With our recent move to MyBB, we hope to gain new members and traffic and activity, which has been the case thus far. Thank you to all who have joined already, and to those of you who haven't, I hope you change that!

We have a wide range of fiction topics to discuss, so hopefully you don't run out of them, but if you don't like it all, then feel free to visit our off-topic section! Also, for something really exclusive, feel free to check out our author interviews here: http://fictionlovers.org/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=99 I know it seems a little dead, but I have been trying to revive it so keep an eye out for any new interviews coming!

Current stats: Our members have made a total of 6,038 posts in 940 threads.
We currently have 256 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, Jovann

Thank you, and hope to see you there at http://fictionlovers.org!
Your forum looks great. The logo is one of the best I've seen. And I never would have thought to put that blue with that green, but it works well. You have a great topic idea, and it looks like you are off and running with membership.

Best of luck with your forum.
Thank you Andrew B. Smile I am glad you enjoy it and thanks for the feedback Smile
That is a really nice looking site - I think I will join - I like books and you appear to have an active friendly community over there Smile

Re the site - yes, very nice presentation indeed - my ONLY "gripe" is that its fixed width. On a big screen there is a LOT of empty space going on around the message boards.
(2011-02-02, 03:09 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]That is a really nice looking site - I think I will join - I like books and you appear to have an active friendly community over there Smile

Re the site - yes, very nice presentation indeed - my ONLY "gripe" is that its fixed width. On a big screen there is a LOT of empty space going on around the message boards.

Yeah, I have heard that is bad. If you think it would help, i could install the same theme and do all the edits, except leave it at 100% instead of the current 60% Smile
I think if you make it variable width you should NOT set to 100%. Then you will not have any border left and right. Default is 95%. I set my forum for 80%. MyBB support is fixed width.

BTW, I joined. Same username.
Thank you for joining.

But do you agree that it should be a different theme? Because other members including me enjoy the current one.
(2011-02-02, 08:52 PM)Wolfy Wrote: [ -> ]But do you agree that it should be a different theme? Because other members including me enjoy the current one.

I like your theme. In fact, it's one of the best looking themes I'm visiting. The way you added that gray and blue to the existing theme colors gives it almost a designer look. Very distinctive.

And personally, the fixed width is not a problem for me. I just think that if you go variable width, you should not set it to 100%. But no big deal.
Well, we have added a few now plugins now. Now you can share any thread with Facebook, LinkedIn, Digg, and others Smile

Also, please check out our newest interview with author Jean Craighead George here: http://fictionlovers.org/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3719. She is the author of over 100 books and we are honored that she has agreed to the interview. Please check it out, and comment on it Smile

Stats: Our members have made a total of 6,217 posts in 969 threads.
We currently have 268 members registered.
Please welcome our newest member, StevenF50
The most users online at one time was 17 on 02-09-2011 at 02:55 PM
(2011-02-02, 01:22 PM)Wolfy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-02, 03:09 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]That is a really nice looking site - I think I will join - I like books and you appear to have an active friendly community over there Smile

Yeah, I have heard that is bad. If you think it would help, i could install the same theme and do all the edits, except leave it at 100% instead of the current 60% Smile

No, no - its a great theme - and I agree with Andrew - 100% would spoil it. Go for maybe 80 - 90 tops.