MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Patches 1.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Manage code modifications to MyBB core files.

[attachment=21454]

Using simple search patterns, you can locate lines of code in a file, and insert new code before and after, and optionally replace the original code. Modifications to files can be applied and reverted. The plugin tracks the modified files by size and timestamp, and displays the status of each patch for each file.

This plugin depends on PluginLibrary.

Download: http://mods.mybb.com/view/patches
Alternate Download: https://github.com/frostschutz/Patches

Users of this plugin may also be interested in my Hooks plugin. Where Patches lets you modify existing code, Hooks lets you add new code which will be executed by MyBB's hook system.
<Placeholder for future use.>
Thank you for releasing frostschutz
good release bro. useful for developers and people with some coding knowledge
Thanks to Stefan and (I guess) Alan for sorting out the issues with the mods page.
Download from the mods site should work now. Smile
Are patches stored in db or as files? (I hope as files so I can share file modifications easily Wink )
They're stored in the DB (it's not using the GNU diff/patch approach). A preview and export/import feature is on the todo list for the next version, so sharing patches will be possible before long. Until then you can already share them by posting them as code tags...
i tried it in localhost.

I am getting file not found error. Anything i might be doing wrong?

i tried forumdisplay.php and index.php
That's probably what happens on a Windows machine. I use realpath() to verify that the file is actually under MYBB_ROOT (and not ../../somewhere/else). However realpath on Windows returns C:\somewhere\ style when the plugin expects /some/path/ style.

In line 812 of patches/plugin.php try removing the .'/'
Yeah, amazing idea Smile
Now Google Seo plugin can be reactivated easily

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8