MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF User Passwords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to move my forums over to MyBB.

We use SMF at the moment and I want to import users. Will user passwords remain the same or will they need be reset?

Regards.
(2011-01-30, 02:36 AM)Storm3y Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking to move my forums over to MyBB.

We use SMF at the moment and I want to import users. Will user passwords remain the same or will they need be reset?

Regards.

Excerpt from the Merge LINK:

Quote:loginconvert.php plugin

You may receive a message like the following during the merge system conversion for some forum softwares: "Warning: You should upload loginconvert.php to inc/plugins if you wish to convert passwords." This means the merge system was not able to automatically move the plugin for you. It's not imperative for you to upload it right then and there. You can upload it after the merge system is run, but you'll have to activate it yourself. If you upload it while the merge system is being ran, it will automatically activate it for you. Note: Your converted members will not be able to log in until you upload and activate the plugin.

The svn trunk actually forces you to upload it instead of making it optional. It tries to do it automatically first, but then will not continue if it fails until you upload it.