MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable search highlighting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1: Does anybody know if there is a way to disable "Search Highlighting" from taking place with a plug-in that posts ed2k links in posts. If not, is there a way to completely remove the Search Highlighting function from MyBB easy, or is it too closely integrated into the software in many different areas, such as the database itself?

Ideally though, I just want to stop Search Highlighting from effecting the links posted by the mod.

2: Also, can something be added to a plug-in that stops Word Wrapping from having an effect on long ed2k links posted inside posts. So they get ignored by it, but word wrapping still does it's part with other normal posted content. In other words, it doesn't need to be disabled, but will not have an effect on links posted by the mod.

The problem is here, the ed2k links get added inside posts, so both these functions come into play on them. If you want to test any changes you have in mind, I've attached the plug-in below you can look at and edit, upload it back and I'll test any made.

===========

- Take a look here to see how this mod is used for sharing legal links: http://contentdb.emule-project.net/
- You can see it being tested in it's current state here: Testing ED2K Mod.

===========

If your working on trying the fix the two issues with this mod and you download and install it on your own forum for testing. To test it, create a new post and just paste this link below in it.

ed2k://|file|eMule0.50a-Installer.exe|3389035|3D366ED505B977FC61C9A6EE01E96329|/