MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyHostOwns - Cheap, Reliable Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: logo.png]

Hello, a friend and I are currently working on expanding our website, and figured since the majority of it is powered by MyBB, we would post it here.

The goal is to provide cheap, reliable hosting with great support. Our cheapest plans start at just $0.99/month, and provide more than enough resources for any decent website.

Please provide your feedback on the site as it stands so far. We appreciate any and all opinions.

The site is located at: http://www.myhostowns.com/

Thank You,
Ethan
Very nice, except it would be sweeter if the whole site was integrated into that page then after purchase instead of e-mailing details, PM details to the user and automatically assign their domain to the " website " text area in user cp.

But nice host.

Did you go and just rip the Mybb nav bar...? Dodgy
(2011-01-31, 02:15 AM)st1cky1cky Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice, except it would be sweeter if the whole site was integrated into that page then after purchase instead of e-mailing details, PM details to the user and automatically assign their domain to the " website " text area in user cp.

But nice host.

We had that idea with the community, but felt it would be better to leave the billing separate, to avoid complications.

(2011-01-31, 03:55 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Did you go and just rip the Mybb nav bar...? Dodgy

I actually did not notice the similarities until now. We had a completely different layout at first, inspired by a free template, however I felt that it would be better to just take that out and make it all setup through the forums with a few plugins. Nothing was intended to mimic Mybb.
Fair enough, good luck!
Eh.. if your going to use Mybb use it to the maximum capacity which would be integrating everything you cold think of into it. If your just going to use it to display your plans use a HTML page.. not Mybb
Great start.... not.

You have no forums and the themes looks kinda crappy.

Good luck though. I hope you have time and effort.
(2011-01-31, 06:08 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Fair enough, good luck!

(2011-01-31, 03:24 PM)st1cky1cky Wrote: [ -> ]Eh.. if your going to use Mybb use it to the maximum capacity which would be integrating everything you cold think of into it. If your just going to use it to display your plans use a HTML page.. not Mybb

We want to integrate it more with the forums at a later point, however for now we decided just to build a client base for now before making serious modifications.

(2011-02-01, 10:11 AM)cohen Wrote: [ -> ]Great start.... not.

You have no forums and the themes looks kinda crappy.

Good luck though. I hope you have time and effort.

We have the forums necessary for support, however we may add a few more to socialize it more. The theme is standard for now until I find a designing team, and once I decide I want to have it redone, which will probably be sometime in the next couple of months.

Thanks for the feedback.
Deciding to bump this.
I'm usually one to nitpick and point out all the bad things, but I like this site.
Probably made a good impression on me seeing as you don't offer "unlimited" everything Wink
The only thing I'd work on is the home page... Seems a little bare to me...
Pages: 1 2