MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replys For Hot Topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The setting in the subject seems not to work (at least on topics which are marked already as hot). Whatever I set, they stay the same.
Exactly what do you mean by that? I just tried posting in a hot topic with a different subject and it works fine. perhaps I don't understand the context of the bug.
Endrem means that when you change the amount of posts a thread needs to have in order to be considered 'hot', this has no effect on threads already marked as 'hot'.

If you have a setting of 20 posts to make a thread 'hot', and a certain thread A has 23 posts, it's hot. Now, if you change this setting to 30 posts to make a thread hot, thread A will still be marked as 'hot', even though it isn't hot according to the new settings.
hmm, that cause the database has marked it as hot and doesn't know it has been changed.

If you go to Admin CP then click DB Maintenance and Recount Stats, it should re-do it all. If not, then chris should make a tool to re-do hot topics, or include it in "Recount Stats".
Tochjo is right, exactly that I meant.

With recount stats all other things are getting recount as well, like Most visitors at a time (which becomes 0), aren't they?

In RC2 it was like that, since then I'm not brave enough to do Recount Stats.
I used recount stats yesterday and this still shows:
The most users online at one time was 23 on 18th Oct 2004 at 07:19 PM

Smile
Okay, I did it too, the stat stayed as it was, but it didn't help on the original problem...
Quote:hmm, that cause the database has marked it as hot and doesn't know it has been changed.
Not true, no where in the database are threads marked as being hot. Its a calculation done on forumdisplay in the threads listing whilst chosing which "folder icon" to represent the thread with. The hot thread counter works on both replies and views. You will see there is a setting for how many replies before a thread is marked as 'hot', as well as a setting for how many views before it is also considered 'hot'..