MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MAJOR PROBLEM > user can login to admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay, Are you using IPB or MyBB? If you are using IPB we can't help you. It its MyBB we need to know what version you are using. Older versions had possible security holes that allowed people to access the admin cp. That's why we asked for your version number so we know how to advise you.
Have you sent in the relevant site logs yet? If you're not sure what to send in exactly, send me a PM with this person's IP address and your raw log file attached and I will filter out the irrelevant entries and forward it to a dev for you.
TemplatesForAll,

I am not that dumb, hehe. Yes I was (see it says was) using mybb latest version. I have no switched over to IPB as I do not want to put my community at risk.

Thanks for your help though, I now know mybb is easy to exploit, as the hacker himself came msn with me and explained to me that he exploited and apologized.

Thanks anyways guys,
Your friend Camron.
I dont think what's in here is serious.
Camron Wrote:TemplatesForAll,

I am not that dumb, hehe. Yes I was (see it says was) using mybb latest version. I have no switched over to IPB as I do not want to put my community at risk.

Thanks for your help though, I now know mybb is easy to exploit, as the hacker himself came msn with me and explained to me that he exploited and apologized.

Thanks anyways guys,
Your friend Camron.

If you could explain it to me, or another developer over PM, then we can fix this 'major problem'.
Or even better, why not have this "hacker" send his report to the devs on how he did it.
Pages: 1 2 3