MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum have a problem in upgrade:

I had installed mybb 1.4 before. Some time ago I installed 1.6 version but it gave an error on upgrading. In upgrading it asked for my old version:

If I chose 1.4 like I had, it stuck on performing queries:
[Image: 121gb2g.png]

If I chose 1.6, it stuck on updating cache.
[Image: wstq1i.png]

Btw the order is performing queries > updating cache

What should I do?

Regards
Make sure you've got all the new files uploaded, other people have had this problem when the new files haven't all been uploaded.
I'm sure I have.
I redownldoad mybb again from mybb site (home page).
I didn't change anything and uploaded to my host.
Can you PM me FTP details and your forum admin login details, and I'll have a look. What version of 1.4 are you upgrading from??
This is weird. I've added some code to output text so I can see how far it gets before it dies. This is a section of the script to upgrade to 1.6, with my edits in it:

echo 10;
var_dump($db->field_exists('allowvideocode', 'calendars'));
if($db->field_exists('allowvideocode', 'calendars'))
{
	echo "10.5";$db->drop_column("calendars", "allowvideocode");
}
echo 11;

It outputs 10, then nothing else. The var_dump() call should output something, it doesn't go inside the if() statement to output 10.5, and doesn't even go past the if() statement to output 11. Basically, this code:

$db->field_exists('allowvideocode', 'calendars')

seems to be killing it dead.

However, even when I turn on full error reporting, there's no errors at all.
Actually, I've just seen it's because your calendars table doesn't exist. Is this intentional, or should it be there??

Edit: OK, to speed the process along I commented out the code that made changes the the calendars table, ran the upgrade process, and all seems to be well. If you need the calendars table added back, I'll sort that out for you too.