MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Configuration + WYSIWYG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I have several plugins with their configuration settings in the "settings" part of the mybb admin panel. With the admin permissions, I can only define the "settings" area access as a whole.

Is there any way to basically move the centents of that plugins settings group to the sidebar? (Where MyCodes, Plugins, Calendars and prefixes are?)

Another question: Is there any way to remove the Font, Text Size, and Text colour (top bar of the WYSIWYG editor) for certain groups?

Regards,

-Groovy

EXAMPLE IMAGE (of question 1)

[Image: ?p=FWPZI87B.jpg]
You need extra code in the plugin to do that.

And you can probably do that by just writing a plugin to remove the code for the editor for certain groups, but they'd still be able to use MyCode to format their posts...
Is there any mod that will enable me to stop access to certain parts of the "settings" area?
Making such a mod wouldn't be easy, as there are several ways to get at those settings (by clicking the group, the settings search function, using a plugin interface, etc.).

You should only give admin permissions to people you trust completely. There are lots of ways for admins to break your forum and your entire server. If you have to restrict access for some admins, it's best to restrict access by removing their admin permissions entirely.
I add links to that part of the admin panel in some of my plugins, what plugin do you want a link there for?