MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.4.11 to 1.6.1 - Hosed :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What did I do:
Had a install of 1.4.11 running fine. Backed up the Database and copied over the 1.6.1 package files. The Upgrade was failing. I later realized the server was running PHP 4.xxx.

Updating PHP was not an option so I transferred my domain to another server running PHP 5.xxx - No problem

Now I want to install the 1.6.1 installation but my backup file is 1.4.11 and I know from experience restoring the database to 1.6.1 after a Fresh install of the MyBB software probably is going to be an issue.

I tried to find the a copy of the 1.4.11 installer files but I couldnt find an archive. My thought was to install 1.4.11 on the new server, restore database and try the upgrade again to 1.6.1

I would be grateful for your help!

Thanks for your time
You can download all versions at:
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Versions
You don't need to install 1.4.11 first. Import your backup to a new database, then upload your file backup (which you should have also saved) and edit ./inc/config.php to point to your new database, then just run the upgrade script.
Thanks for the response!
Forgive my ignorance but uploading my backup file. Are you referring to my old 1.4.11 files or the 1.6.1 files? If the 1.4.11 I have all of that but not the install folder, I deleted that as per the install instructions.

Thanks!

(2011-02-01, 09:34 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]then upload your file backup (which you should have also saved) and edit ./inc/config.php to point to your new database, then just run the upgrade script.

You'll need to import your database backup to a new database on your new host, and upload your 1.4.11 files again. Then everything will be back as it was. Then, deactivate all plugins, download 1.6.1, and upload the full package so it overwrites the 1.4.11 files you uploaded.
Thanks very much for your help Matt. Worked like a charm.