MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme suddenly dissapeared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone. I'm quite new to MyBB, but this just boggled my mind. I added a theme, gamemania, which I found here. It was working just fine. Now I refreshed my forum 15 minutes ago and suddenly the theme is gone and everything is white. I haven't changed anything as far as I know off. I even added it again, and this isn't working either.

http://forums.tribalentropy.com/index.php

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Check if /images/gamesmania/ is in your image folder, That seems to be the problem.

If its not there just Download Gamesmania again and upload the image folder to the image file.
Ok well I said I'm new to mybb. So sorry for my noobness. Image folder and image file? Where can I find these?

You know you when you downloaded Gamesmania, There should be a folder called Images, Just go into there and move the "gamemania" image folder over to your image folder on your mybb installation.

so it would be image/gamesmania
Make sure ./cache/, ./cache/themes/, and any folders inside here are CHMOD to 777. It's not about missing images, the CSS files return a 403 Forbidden error when you try and load them.
Well in the acp it says this:

All of the required files and directories have the proper CHMOD settings.

There were two who weren't set up properly, but the skin did function even because of that.

Maybe I did something wrong in the file manager. This is the first time I have shared hosting, and I'm a total noob (read doing something without a clue what it does).

Edit: If someone is willing to help me asap, that'd be awesome. I'm just itching to get to work on my forums. Already have possible future staff. I just am not able to figure this out myself >.>
Do you have a .htaccess file in the ./cache/ or ./cache/themes/ folder, or have you modified the .htaccess file in the forum root?? Something somewhere is denying access to the CSS files.
I have looked but there is no such files in those folders. There is a .htaccess file in the root forums folder. I have not modified anything to my knowledge. But checking the permissions its says 'read' for user, group and world, and 'write' for user.
PM me FTP login details and I'll have a look.
./cache/ was set to 764 and ./cache/themes/ was set to 774, as were the folder inside ./cache/themes/; set them al to 777, seems to be OK now Smile
Pages: 1 2