MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Put new users on moderation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear MyBB Community,

Its me again haha.

I've done a search on the forums and I was unable to find the answer to this, so hopefully one of you guys will be able to help me Smile

I want to set my forum up so that new users are put onto moderation until they have made their first 10 posts. Meaning, I want a moderator to have to approve their first 10 posts on the forums.

Is there a setting in MyBB where I can do this? And if not, is there a plugin which I can download instead?

Thanks guys Big Grin
This sounds like just what you want...

http://mods.mybb.com/view/required-approvals
Thanks - I've installed that and its working great Smile
I do not know if ti will, but a good suggestion would be to make a "Member" and another group, such as "Verified", and then use settings on the member group to make it moderation only, then use group promotoions to get mybb to change the group when something has happened. The pro to this is there are multiple ways, but the con is you need two groups.

Just an idea for those reading this thread asking the same question. Smile

I personally do this method. I personally, only allow myself to add reputation to people. I just like it that way. I make the group promotion from moderation to non moderation, 5+ reputation, so when I approve and give feedback on 5 good threads, They get auto-upgraded to a "verified" account! Just some ideas for people.
I am finding the plug-in working very well but there is a slight issue (Not with the plug-in I don't think, but with my MyBB) - Isn't a message supposed to appear at the top of the page telling moderators that posts are awaiting approval? Because none comes up on mine and you have to go and check in the Mod CP yourself.
(2011-02-02, 11:19 PM)HSTChris Wrote: [ -> ]I am finding the plug-in working very well but there is a slight issue (Not with the plug-in I don't think, but with my MyBB) - Isn't a message supposed to appear at the top of the page telling moderators that posts are awaiting approval? Because none comes up on mine and you have to go and check in the Mod CP yourself.

It should show up in the index page board at the forum section the moderated post are made.

It looks like this:

(1) next to the total number of posts of that forum section.
Thanks Smile