MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Voluntary Forum Skinner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I am the owner of GANTdesigns.com. If you don't know what GANT means, well you can check the front page which explains why it's one of the most popular icon set in the Windows Customization Community.

I fairly get a decent amount of unique visistors as well as returning visitors. However, everything that you see in GANTdesigns is purely voluntary, from people who are willing to take their time and make the website and maintain it (Relativity17 who made the layout and fuBar is the person who only maintains it). That is why, there are no advertisements in the website and the forums.

This is where the problem lies, I have been trying to request for a free forum skin (IPB 2.0.x (Trial), phpBB, myBB, or punBB). But no one seems to take part in this contribution, I know skinning does take a lot of time. But if anyone is willing to help, thank you! However, a person named "Allan" does give away a free skin that uses the GANT icon set, which he skinned his vBulletin forum with it; called Gant Style. The problem is, I can't afford to pay the large amount of money just to get vBulletin and to get the skin. If anyone is willing to convert it, that would be great too, but I would need to ask permission from Allan. I do have permission to make a forum with the GANT icon sets (I do have the proof of approval from mattahan w/ screen shot if necessary).

Nevertheless, I have been lurking through the myBB forums and looking at it's capabilities of what a forum can do, and I think myBB can preform all of the necessities of my forum needs. Since, it's free and is template flexible.

You will be in the Credits list (http://www.gantdesigns.com/credits.php) if you do the job and I guess that's all I have to offer.

If anyone is interested, you can either contact me through e-mail (gantdesigns[at]gmail[dot]com), post here, or PM me thanks!
i dont understand, your site has nothing to do with mybb, perhaps that question is best suited at our admin forum, www.adminstop.net
I believe he's asking if someone can convert a theme for them or create a theme for them using whatever these icons are and such. I've never heard of the Gant things but I think that's what he's asking for. I don't have time to hunt up the link right now but look in the user submitted tutorials and there is a tutorial on theming that may help you out with this. You can always ask for help if you get confused by somethign. Some of the people here may help you make one too though.
Thank you all, I have found a forum skinner.
Hello I am back, apparently I was offered vBulletin at the time of the request and now, it has expired. Moving along and transfering to myBB. Are there any takers to help me out with a custom myBB skin? You will be credited!
Is there anyone who can help me? I am trying this out, but I can't seem to get a decent looking forum.
vbs Wrote:Is there anyone who can help me? I am trying this out, but I can't seem to get a decent looking forum.

actually it looks pretty nice already. my suggestion is to stretch your header right across
I am trying to make it like my front page. I guess it is working out quite nicely. If anyone would like to help me out, please e-mail me via gantdesigns[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thanks.
I hope you don't mind, I pulled the background images from your website and skinned then to your forums.

Here is the attached theme I made. Note it is only 716px wide since that is how wide your header/footer/etc went. You should be able to modify everything inbetween anyway.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the stuffyouinabox or whatever it is image to go with the logo, it stretches it. As a result you will have to merge the two images together.

There are a few small theme changes. The page container has had its border removed, and the background colour #fff

the width was changed to 716.

There are two template changes.
header and footer.

This is used by putting the forum in a table.
The downside to this is that if someone stretches your forums, its going to stretch these and look ugly.

All that has been added is the table information which "wraps" around the page, and the bg_tile.png image, which will stretch along the back of the page to meet up with footer.

I believe there is css code you can use to stop it from repeating along the width. Anyway see the attached .zip file.

I hope this helps. Its a bit of a rush job but hopefully you've got the idea.
Whoa! That's really cool!

I guess I will modify it.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2