MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bing copies results from Google
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-02-02, 10:15 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Well bing is the decision engine. Maybe, it decided to copy google when it had no ideas Toungue.

LOL!!! I nominate this the post of the day! I totally rofled at this!Big Grin
+1
(2011-02-02, 10:15 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Well bing is the decision engine. Maybe, it decided to copy google when it had no ideas Toungue.

* Lo. sees my laws of logic being used well.

@Anman Rerebuttal
That blog post was a total win.
Bing displays search results it takes from Google. Without double checking whether those results are valid. The search result displayed by Google and Bing had nothing whatsoever to do with the search term, so it was a wrong result - displayed by Google on purpose, and by Bing inadvertently.

What Bing should have done is actually look at the page, and determine that it's not related to the search term at all, and as thus shouldn't be displayed. However it was displayed anyway, and that means Bing is stupid and trusts Google completely to display only good, correct and relevant search results...

Personally I think this trust in Google is well deserved. I don't see why Google is complaining, either. If anything, they should be honored that Bing holds Google's search results in high esteem Wink
Yeah, but google are loosing out on things like ad revenue. From the ads that are normally displayed beside results.

How would you like it if you made a huge catalogue of products (of which you had ads in that people payed you for), only for another company to copy the catalogue without the ads Confused

Its about time someone slapped microsoft around a bit with a large brown trout. Unfortunately for M$oft its someone as big as google Toungue
I've hated Micro$uck for 12 years. Proud Linux user for 10 years.
Google should've not told anyone, and then just made the page always adult links for bing.
Bill Gates spelling test:

How do you spell Bing?

g o o g l e
Pages: 1 2 3 4