MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with settings.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i've got a lot of problems with my mybb settings.php.... every self it broke itself and i don't know why.... A lot of time there is an error: unexpected $end and it doesn't work,then I have to replace this file with another settings.php that i've saved some weeks ago. It's the fourth time it happens....can you help me?
I think the unexpected $end is when not all braces have a match.
Do you know how to solve?
You don't need to replace it with an old version, just delete settings.php and it'll regenerate.

unexpected $end doesn't necessarily mean an unmatched brace, it just means the file isn't complete.
(2011-02-02, 02:48 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to replace it with an old version, just delete settings.php and it'll regenerate.

unexpected $end doesn't necessarily mean an unmatched brace, it just means the file isn't complete.
Yes but why does it say this error a lot of times? Is a plugin that cause this?
I don't know, could be that it times out when rebuilding the file for some reason. settings.php is only rebuild when you actually change settings, if it breaks when you haven't edited any settings for a while, then something non-default will be doing something to it. Does it only happen right after saving settings, or at any time??
At any time, for example this night happened again..... I don't know why....
If it keeps happening then something is causing the script to stop running before it's finished; not really much we can do about it.