MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey All,

This is my first post to this forum, I didn't think I'd need to come begging for help quite this soon.Blush

I uploaded to my subdomain as per the WIKI instructions, insuring to switch between ASCII and binary where appropriate on the built in FTP with a godaddy hosting account. When I then use IE to get to the install on the subdomain, I get this error string:

Warning: main(/home/content/17/7330817/html/forum/inc/init.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/17/7330817/html/forum/global.php on line 19

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/17/7330817/html/forum/inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/17/7330817/html/forum/global.php on line 19

I'm sure I haven't done something right, but can't tell what or what to do about it.

Any helpful bones you could throw my way will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

You're missing ./inc/init.php, make sure it's uploaded.
Thanks, Matt,

I just re-uploaded all of the non-foldered php's in inc. Even though it shows up in the server side of the FTP, I get this error message for the "settings.php": "Unable to upload one or more files.
"
They both state 0kb in size...

And now, when I try to get to the forum set-up via IE I get this new error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/17/7330817/html/forum/inc/class_error.php on line 51

At least the first error message is gone!
settings.php is empty by default, it shouldn't matter if that isn't there.

If you're getting that error though, your host has a rather old version of PHP installed, 4.4, and MyBB 1.6 requires 5.1; PHP 5.1 should be pretty standard these days, lots of big software will require PHP 5 in order to function. Are you paying for hosting??
Hmmmm. I pay quite a bit for this hosting with godaddy- their most expensive, feature ridden product! : ) Think this is something I could adjust through my account, or ask them to change?
If you haven't replied yet about the hosting, I am changing the lang. to 5.1 now, so I'll se if that helps and report back in a bit. Thanks.
Rob
Other people run MyBB on GoDaddy, so it must be possible somehow; see if you can change what PHP version you're using somewhere in the host control panel, otherwise open a quick support ticket with them. Remember it has to be 5.1 or higher.

It should be available to you, but if you're paying a lot for hosting and it only has PHP 4 and PHP 5 isn't available at all, you've been ripped off.
I've changed the php to ver 5.x and am now getting this error which seems to be the same as the previous one:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/content/17/7330817/html/forum/inc/class_error.php on line 51

Does it take time for the php change to take effect at the hosting end? Its been a half hour.
It should be instant... are you sure it's 5.1+...??

Make a new file called phpinfo.php or something, put this in it:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Does it say the version is something that's 5.1 or higher...??
Done, I put it in the main forum folder. When I reloaded the page on IE, I get the MyBB graphic box with this message:

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (41)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

I don't know how to access the output of the snippet you had me apply, (unless the error message is it.) but it seems to have done something to take another step forward.
You would have had to go to that file and view the output, but it seems PHP has been updated if you're now seeing this page Toungue You can now delete that phpinfo.php file.

Now you need to install the forum by going to yourdomain.com/forum/install/index.php.
Pages: 1 2