MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vanilla Style Forum for mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering whether it would be possible to make a vanilla styled forum for mybb. It's really great that mybb seems to have the best theme all over the internet and I love flexibility.
So basically a single forum layout?
Well there may be an option to see all the threads on the site.
But what I 'm thinking is the default forum layout view and postbits rearranged to look like a vanilla forum. ie forums/categories by the right/left, topics in each forum/category listed like in vanilla forums, and being able to easily create a thread or perform common functions from the sidebars without being taken to a new page.
Thats sounds pretty complex using just what MyBB has. I really would suggest hiring someone just so its done properly.
Quote:and being able to easily create a thread or perform common functions from the sidebars without being taken to a new page.

That would be a whole different plugin if it is possible, which I am not sure.
(2011-02-04, 01:55 AM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:and being able to easily create a thread or perform common functions from the sidebars without being taken to a new page.

You could do it template wise me thinks. Just would be really hard to do right.
(2011-02-04, 02:03 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-04, 01:55 AM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]

You could do it template wise me thinks. Just would be really hard to do right.
Yeah, you can actually do it template-wise (because I believe it isn't too hard to load a 'new thread' page in a small custom window with ajax), it's just that you have to be a good web programmer with a good understanding of AJAX. Maybe I will be forced to do it myself (even though I am not a web programmer), I think I can learn what it will take.

So, if anyone has suggestions on what steps I should take, I'd love that. I'm currently a c-sharp programmer.
Well in theory you could do it using a form, pending the MyBB parser would allow it. (It'd be basically moving where the quick reply is.

You could do it in a plugin. The rest would just be CSS and HTML.