MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Annoying thread title problem in IE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a problem with my forum showing the #pidxxx in thread titles in Internet Explorer. At first I (wrongly) thought it was to do with the Google SEO plugin, here's my post from that thread explaining the problem;

Quote:...
Something I just noticed though, is that sometimes in Internet Explorer when using the quick reply, the "#pidxxx" will show up in the title like this;

[Image: 71522366.jpg]

[Image: 52514624.jpg]

Also once after using the quick reply, the title changed to just "#pidxxx". I went to another forum I know that uses the mod and it seems that it happens with every thread there in IE, but only on some on my forum.

Is it a problem with htaccess maybe? Or something else? Thanks!

I thought it was related to that as the problem went when I disabled the plugin, but I just enabled the default MyBB SEO URL setting, and the same problem shows up again Huh And now, even when I disable the SEO setting I still get the problem Confused

Somebody told me they are also having the problem, I really can't think how to fix it.

Any ideas? Thanks!
What version of IE is this happening in?
Internet Explorer 8.

Little update... I've just restored a backup of my database onto a fresh forum for testing (on localhost using WAMP). I replaced all the files with a fresh download, I disabled all the plugins I was using, and created a fresh default MyBB theme and it still happens Sad
There used to be a bug in IE7 that caused this at times but I haven't seen this happening in IE8. Could I have the URL to test it out?
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do as this is a bug in IE. The bug manifests itself in IE7 and IE8 on pages that have anchors and a flash element on the same page.

You'll notice it will only be happening on threads that have a flash element on them, such a youtube video.
Ah yeah. I guess that explains why there's two #pids on the thread with two videos and one on the other.

Thanks for the help Smile

I have found a fix for it, it's to put any flash you want to embed in an iframe. So EG for Youtube videos, if you edit the video_youtube_embed template to this instead;

<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="450" height="366" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{$id}" frameborder="0">
</iframe>

Then it fixes that Smile I haven't done it for the other videos, but I'm sure it's the same.
Still. Inline Framing does not resize at all, but embedded objects do ;P