MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move my forum to root directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I currently have my forum installed at http://ownorgetpwned.com/mybb/, and it works perfect. What I would like to do is move it to my root directory. Ex: Ownorgetpwned.com

I tried to figure it out myself, but it only worked partially. I'm using godaddy web hosting, and I opened my hosting control center, and I preformed the moving with the file manager. I just transferred everything inside the /mybb folder to the root directory. Then when I go to my ownorgetpwned.com everything shows up, and looks as if it would work. But I can't stay logged in.

My problem:
When I click my forum site logo in the top right corner it takes me to ownorgetpwned.com/mybb/index.php

When I login into my ACP it doesn't stayed logged in. Every link inside my ACP I click it asks for my login information again. I can't seem to use any features in ACP.

So my question is, is there a specific way of moving my entire forum from ownorgetpwned.com/mybb/ TO ownorgetpwned.com??

I'm new to mybb and forum management as well. So I would appreciate it if an experienced user could help.
(:
The way I did it was...

In your Control Panel on your hosting, Redirect "Site.com" --> "Site.com/forum"

So users typing either "Site.com" or "Site.com/forum" will both end up at "Site.com/forum."
If I was to change the folder from ownorgetpwned.com/mybb TO ownorgetpwned.com/forum would it effect anything mentioned above?
I'm not sure, sorry Sad

The only thing I did was not rename anything, just add a redirect from site.com --> site.com/forum or whatever the url to the forum index is.
you need to edit /inc/settings.php
(2011-02-03, 01:00 AM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]you need to edit /inc/settings.php
To add... You need to change the url settings.

So I opened setting.php, and I edit the following parts,

FROM

* $settings['bburl'] = "http://ownorgetpwned.com/mybb";
* $settings['cookiepath'] = "/mybb";
* $settings['homeurl'] = "ownorgetpwned.com/mybb";

TO

* $settings['bburl'] = "http://ownorgetpwned.com";
* $settings['cookiepath'] = "";
* $settings['homeurl'] = "ownorgetpwned.com";

Now I get the following error showing above my forum.

Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/39/7388339/html/mybb/inc/settings.php:1) - Line: 1622 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.14 (Linux)
(2011-02-03, 01:05 AM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-03, 01:00 AM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]you need to edit /inc/settings.php
To add... You need to change the url settings.

Then to reflect changes in ACP.
What do you mean?
The error about headers sent will come if you edited the file in an editor that may have added extra lines at the end or begining of the file.

After editing the settings.php file you still need to go to your admincp >> configuration and change your url and cookie details there.
Pages: 1 2