MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Grrr MyBB won't install!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since I switched to a more reliable host, and able to work with my domain, I encountered problems installing the forum.

Here is what I get:

I go to the install, hit next, next, next, MYSQL DATABASE.
For some reason my hoster asked for a database and a password, thats it, no user... no button to "add user", so I assumed the database was also the user.
fill in the information, the site that the SQL server is on, database user and pass, and database.

But when I hit next, the screen goes to the 'this link does not exist' page...
So, I tried it with IE and got a fresh new copy uploaded and stuff, still nothing.

I was wondering WHY!!! could this happen?

I figured, once the support team sees this, they could install it for me? Or is it file errors, because I have the same zipped file from before, same files...

Site link?
http://toontownresistance.org/forums/
(if you do .org, it will take you to a page that says index of but I( cannot find the redirectors...)

And I'm also working on a page for home page, like I portal, but ha nothing associated with mybb, besides the fact it directs to a forum powered mybb.

So, can you help?
If you've moved hosting providers, you need to either transfer the old database to your new host, or create a new database. Both will need usernames and passwords. You should start the install from new and not skip pages. If you've moved the whole site from one provider to another, then you'll need to change the paths.
I do know, I just need to know, why it did a certain thing at a step, I'm looking for the support team on this
Can you show us a screenshot for the 'this link does not exist' page??

I ask because you should not be getting that and I'm not sure what kind of page that is. If your database details are wrong you will get inline errors.

If you don't know your sql database username then you need to get in touch with your host about that, we can't work on assumptions :p
Here are some things I encountered too.
1. They do give 'inline errors'
2. localhost is NOT the server hostname, the only one that hasn't gotten this error was told to me by MY host
3. If I change anything that varies from my database info that I assumed, it gives 'inline errors'

Then here are the screenshot, first is the before, second is after.
OK so, I intetionaslly put in WRONG DETAILS and it gave me inline errors, the first screenshot is what I put in the blanks. The second one is the page it takes me to.
[Image: 89019672.png]

[Image: dt2w.png]
Check the server error log, does it have anything about ./install/index.php in there??
I'm not sure what you are asking...
In your host control panel, there should be somewhere to view the server error log, look in there and see if there's any entries there for ./install/index.php. Sometimes you'll get a browser error page like that if there's a PHP error somewhere.
Hmmm, I can't seem to find it, this is my homepage of my hosting account...

Maybe if I give you details to login, or you can help me (my hoster is FreeHostia)

[Image: djkas.png]
(2011-02-04, 12:39 AM)Wes the Bes Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, I can't seem to find it, this is my homepage of my hosting account...

Maybe if I give you details to login, or you can help me (my hoster is FreeHostia)

PM me details let me look at it
Pages: 1 2