MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sign in Verification problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again,

The image verifier is giving pastel squares or lines, but no text to read and input- thus, no sign ups.

Is this an image or a script problem?

Thanks,
Rob
(2011-02-03, 05:17 AM)RobWest Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again,

The image verifier is giving pastel squares or lines, but no text to read and input- thus, no sign ups.

Is this an image or a script problem?

Thanks,
Rob

When I look into /forum/inc, config.default.php and settings.php have problems uploading (unless I do it in binary) and both have 0 b size on my hd and in the server. I'm also having problems with smilies not showing and some other graphics too. Where can I find good copies of these files to re-integrate into my site?

settings.php shouldn't still be empty, that's where your settings are stored... is it CHMOD to 666...??

Try reuploading the ./images/ and ./inc/captcha_fonts/ in binary mode; I'm not sure why some servers won't upload these things properly unless it's done in binary mode.
(2011-02-03, 11:37 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]settings.php shouldn't still be empty, that's where your settings are stored... is it CHMOD to 666...??

Try reuploading the ./images/ and ./inc/captcha_fonts/ in binary mode; I'm not sure why some servers won't upload these things properly unless it's done in binary mode.

Good Morning!

Tried re-uploading. The problem is that there is 0b size data in both sides of the ftp. I just re-did a File Verification and thaere are MANY (like 60 to 70) missing admin/styles/default .css, .gif, .png, html and images files and it says the 2 inc/captcha_fonts have been changed.

I did the verify several hours ago, tried re-uploading some of the missing files and indexes to no avail. I then noticed a stray config file on the server which had no counterpart on my pc so I deleted it and KABLOOIE!
I had to re-install and reconfigure. I'm now about where I was prior to the delete, minus my nifty category and forum tree I had set up.

I don't know if it is looking in the wrong place for the missing files or if they are just not to be found. Why is this so difficult? It seems like the program is split personalities and is argueing with itself. Sigh. I've been at this for 19 hours minus 2 quick meal breaks and a two hour cat-nap.

Any ideas you have will be appreciated. (I can't figure how to do the CHMOD thing.)

If you deleted your config file you didn't need to reinstall, your database was still there, you just had to recreate the config.php file. In the download it's called config.default.php and you rename it to config.php to install (or the installer does it automatically). This is to make it impossible for people to overwrite their config.php file when uploading new files, because then they'll get the error saying the forum isn't installed; it's not in any package we provide, so it can't be overwritten.

If images/javascripts/CSS isn't getting uploaded properly it's not a problem with MyBB, it's a problem with files actually being uploaded, might be your server, or your FTP client. I mean if things are 0kb, they've not been uploaded properly, and that's not something we can do anything about, or cause.

If you want, you can PM me FTP login details and I'll try uploading everything again.
(2011-02-03, 12:05 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you deleted your config file you didn't need to reinstall, your database was still there, you just had to recreate the config.php file. In the download it's called config.default.php and you rename it to config.php to install (or the installer does it automatically). This is to make it impossible for people to overwrite their config.php file when uploading new files, because then they'll get the error saying the forum isn't installed; it's not in any package we provide, so it can't be overwritten.

If images/javascripts/CSS isn't getting uploaded properly it's not a problem with MyBB, it's a problem with files actually being uploaded, might be your server, or your FTP client. I mean if things are 0kb, they've not been uploaded properly, and that's not something we can do anything about, or cause.

If you want, you can PM me FTP login details and I'll try uploading everything again.

I had thought of that for the config.php and almost tried renaming but decided to not risk making things worse and pay the "Stupid Tax" of doing it all over again. Nice too know, if it comes up in the future!

I have been using the built in ftp on godaddy, it seems to be a java based deal. I had considered filezilla but in reading, discovered it was resident on their site and I was concerned about phishing/trolling for security info. What do you recommend as a free ftp client to use?

It is a kind offer you make and I may very well have to take you up on it but I should probably try to do it with a new ftp client first, to use in the future.

Thanks,
Rob
Ooh, web/browser based FTP clients usually aren't anywhere near as good as full clients for your computer; FileZilla is a great free client, I used it for a long time, you shouldn't be concerned about trying to get your security info.
PM on its way...
Matt,

Working perfectly, so far. Thank you ever so much! Next time you're in my neck-o-the-woods the beers are on me! (Not a bad deal for me as I know how much you guys claim to dislike American beer!)Toungue

Rob