MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Fixed background doesnt show it all. How to overcome it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happy Luna New year, btw!!!! ~Angel

I set my background as fixed. But the problem is that the height of my background is a bit longer. And it doesnt show everything.

My background is: http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6439/42160427.jpg
But it shows like: http://t.co/A4lgQO4

I quite think that it depends on the screen setting. And thats also the problem because people with different screen settings will see the forums in a different way...

Any solution to make it shows all its height and then stops (no-repeat)?

Thank you very much!!
I'm sorry but...
If you do try to 'fix' this problem, you get a bizarre look and unprofessional, but if you remove this from container
background: white;

It may work

White might be made into a different name like #000000
Erh!! Honestly I dont think you understand my problem!
My problem is not about the color. And White is the name of the color meanwhile #000000 is the code. It makes no difference to change one to another.

To be clear, I want to have a fixed background (mean no-repeat, is that possibly clear?? Undecided) but this fixed background need t show itself entirely in height. Because the height is longer than the webpage, it just shows a part of the background, and the rest is totally hidden! I want the hidden part to be shown too~~~ Thats what I'm looking for ~
Seem like this problem cant be solved?? :-(
I'm not 100% sure how to properly approach it but I imagine you'd have to resize the image accordingly to achieve the results you want.

However, under a much larger resolution setting it would get cut off too, so you might have to make the width fixed.
(2011-02-03, 08:09 PM)Wes the Bes Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry but...
If you do try to 'fix' this problem, you get a bizarre look and unprofessional, but if you remove this from container
background: white;

It may work

White might be made into a different name like #000000

LOL Do you think #000000 is white Big Grin

for White you can use background-color: white; or background-color: #ffffff;

@WbDev: :-w #000000 is black and overall its just a color and totally makes no difference. I'm sorry I didnt want to know if #000000 was black or white.

@PwnEm: Well I think I saw it soem where that there was a fixed background but we still can scroll a litle bit, but I forgot the url ~ Seem like the best way is to let it be. Thanks anw~