MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Genrol - Tech, Gaming, Media & Entertainment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://genrol.net/

Bit of an all round forum! Mainly focused at teenagers and young adults who enjoy technology, gaming and media - these are the kinds of topics our forum categories are geared at.

Our community is slowly growing and the shoutbox and arcade are quite active although posting activity is limited, does anyone have some tips on encouraging posting?

As soon as my MyBB central subscription is added I'll also be adding Facebook Connect, Awards and a more suitable premium membership system.

Thanks!
Adam,
Site Admin
(2011-02-03, 06:30 PM)xadz Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone have some tips on encouraging posting?

Remove the shoutbox. People are lazy and using a shoutbox is far easier than posting. Don't give your users the option.
(2011-02-05, 06:32 AM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-03, 06:30 PM)xadz Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone have some tips on encouraging posting?

Remove the shoutbox. People are lazy and using a shoutbox is far easier than posting. Don't give your users the option.

I'll consider this, thanks. Smile
Change your headers to one of your brighter background colors (I'd go with the red). It'll make the forum look more streamline. Psychology: Red is used in gaming the most as it promotes a feeling of "winning." Don't believe me? Just Google a look for the skyline of Atlantic City & you will see all of the signs there are RED! Wink I disagree with the other comment you got too. Although chat doesn't work for most OTHER types of websites. Game sites are meant for a "hang-out" place. As a matter of fact the most visited Games website in the USA has a chat feature: Kogregate (not my website so I don't mind giving this example. Toungue). That website was just bought out by a big gaming industry "GameStop" because it's doing so well. Your site has some nice ideas for topics. Good luck with it!
Thanks a lot! I'll work on a little color reshuffle. Your contribution has been valuable, cheers! ^__^
I'm not sure that I like the style of header you have used - the grey just doesn't seem to fit? I am also inclined to agree with what Civil Engineer said about removing the shoutbox as, in my experience, people can forget about the rest of the forum. Other than that, it looks as though you have a fantastic forum! I especially like the detail you appear to have gone to when creating boards and the background is colourful, whilst not being garish or too flamboyant.
Thanks for your input!
Pretty cool theme, but there are too many general discussion forums.
Thanks for your feedback. :}