MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration IP problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whatever IP address I use to try to register as a new user, I get this message: "We cannot process your registration because there has already been 5 new registration(s) from your ip address in the past 24 hours. Please try again later."

MyBB 1.6.1
Forum at www.wagnermeters.com/concreteforum/
Did you try from the ACP?
I can create new users in the admin control panel, but I'm worried that no one can register - I've tried registering as a new user from multiple locations and IPs and it just gives me that error before it even asks for my information.

I just discovered that the website our forum is hosted at has an ip address of 174.143.**.**, and it looks like the last 15 users who have registered has their ip recorded as 174.143.**.*** (also registered to the hosting provider) - that's a very strange similarity. Could it be that instead of checking the user's IP, the forum is checking the server ip?
Some hosts use proxy servers which can cause this. The IP address you're getting is probably that of the proxy server. You'll need to get in touch with them and work out a solution with them.
Thanks. I guess I'll have to work on that with them.