MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Debation Nation - Open!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-02-04, 11:00 AM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't this one of Jessie's themes, which you removed the copyright?

I might have this mixed up with another theme.

He paid for copyright removal.
Ah sorry, my bad.
(2011-02-04, 04:07 PM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]Ah sorry, my bad.

Yeah, it was the old Dynaxel theme.
(2011-02-04, 08:55 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]Frankly ,the tabs are ugly there. I'd recommend to remove it.

The theme is great. Really nice forum. Keep it up

What could I do to make the tabs look better? It won't work well if Strict Debates are on the front page.
Have it above debate topics Big Grin
(2011-02-04, 06:49 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much for that, it looks tons better now.

It's a lot easier to see, but now I realize these old eyes of mine don't work with 11px Tahoma on a medium gray background. And if you switched to 13px Verdana on a lighter gray background, that would take away some of the appeal of the theme.

I've really got to learn how to make custom CSS for my browser.
(2011-02-04, 08:35 PM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-04, 06:49 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much for that, it looks tons better now.

It's a lot easier to see, but now I realize these old eyes of mine don't work with 11px Tahoma on a medium gray background. And if you switched to 13px Verdana on a lighter gray background, that would take away some of the appeal of the theme.

I've really got to learn how to make custom CSS for my browser.

There's a plugin for Firefox called Greasemonkey which can do that. (I think it's out there for Chrome too)

@itheme I would like to avoid to put it on the front page as it sort of disguises itself with the other forums and newbies will post there unknowingly. (Which is what I want to avoid)

(2011-02-04, 06:49 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-04, 06:25 AM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]I wish you luck with your site, but I can't read the text there. That reverse shadow effect on the text made me give up in less than a minute. Why not save the bells and whistles for things that don't need sustained reading.

Thanks so much for that, it looks tons better now.

@Angel I've received mixed opinions on my logo, anything specific you don't like about it?

Its not color blending :/
(2011-02-04, 10:44 PM)Angel Caquias. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-04, 06:25 AM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]I wish you luck with your site, but I can't read the text there. That reverse shadow effect on the text made me give up in less than a minute. Why not save the bells and whistles for things that don't need sustained reading.

@Angel I've received mixed opinions on my logo, anything specific you don't like about it?

I honestly think the red goes very well with the blue.
(2011-02-04, 10:50 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]

Red and clue no way, try blue Toungue or white with some drop shadow ;]
(2011-02-04, 10:50 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]

Ditto.
Pages: 1 2 3