MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UID Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Recently, I switched to phpBB 3.0.8, and didn't like it as much as I thought I would, so I switched back to MyBB. Now however I have the issue that some User ID's have been switched around.

I created the site, thus I was user ID 1, but now I'm user id 19.

I tried changing the ID from 19 to 1 in phpMyAdmin, but it just resulted in my posts being shown as guests, so I changed back.

Is there anyway for me to get uid 1 again?

Thanks.
How did you switch back to MyBB?? Did you merge from phpbb?

Anyway, if you want to change the uid to 1 you'll have to change it in more than just the users table. Posts, threads, and anywhere where uid is used. Is it worth all that trouble?
(2011-02-04, 07:54 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]How did you switch back to MyBB?? Did you merge from phpbb?

Anyway, if you want to change the uid to 1 you'll have to change it in more than just the users table. Posts, threads, and anywhere where uid is used. Is it worth all that trouble?

Yes, I merged from phpBB to MyBB using the MyBB Merge Converter.

What, so the original UID 1 isn't there at all now, or...?? If it's not, the phpBB convert system must have removed it for some reason, the MyBB merge system doesn't delete anything as far as I'm aware.
(2011-02-04, 08:46 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What, so the original UID 1 isn't there at all now, or...?? If it's not, the phpBB convert system must have removed it for some reason, the MyBB merge system doesn't delete anything as far as I'm aware.

UID 1 doesn't belong to anyone, UID 2 has been given to someone else.
It sounds like the phpBB converter has messed something up then, the MyBB merge system doesn't change UIDs around. Did you take a backup of the MyBB forum before you converted to phpBB??
(2011-02-04, 01:55 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like the phpBB converter has messed something up then, the MyBB merge system doesn't change UIDs around. Did you take a backup of the MyBB forum before you converted to phpBB??

Yes, but I'm not getting that back, we've had over 2,000 new posts and 50 registrations since then.
Have any other UIDs been changed around or just yours...??
The Merge System changes all ids because it inserts after existing users/posts but I see no problem...
It will add users again if they're already in the destination forum, it won't change things around and remove things that were there before, which seems to be what's happened here.

To fix this it'd probably be easiest to just create a new user, edit that to be UID 1, then merge your current account into that one.
Pages: 1 2