MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Googlebot question ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can google read all my content and index it ? Is not i want it to do so..

Half of my topics use something called "[hide]" tags which prevents a user from viewing articles unless a reply has been posted.

So will google index the content hidden in the tags ? If not,Whats the solution so that google can read the content in the Hidden tags ?

And can it access my VIP area as well ?

Thanks
Normally Google can see everything a guest can see.
(2011-02-05, 10:18 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Normally Google can see everything a guest can see.

So googlebot cannot view VIP / Restricted sections ?
No...
So thwn they won't be able to index that stuff right ?
What I do in my Forums is setup an usergroup higher than guest ("Registered" for example) to Googlebot, Msnbot and Slurp. It´s a default feature in 1.6 Smile
you can allow google to view all by giving VIP permission to google bot..
for this you have to use more "add spiders" plugin
(2011-02-07, 11:19 AM)hellothere1 Wrote: [ -> ]So thwn they won't be able to index that stuff right ?

Correct. Anything the bot doesn't have access to (VIP sections for example), it won't be able to index it.
bots see what guests can see.
(2011-02-07, 02:35 PM)Spencer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-07, 11:19 AM)hellothere1 Wrote: [ -> ]So thwn they won't be able to index that stuff right ?

Correct. Anything the bot doesn't have access to (VIP sections for example), it won't be able to index it.

So can i change the settings so that even the VIP content are indexed on google ?
Pages: 1 2