MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to manage the domain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So like i said in a previous thread, i bought a domain from GoDaddy. Problem is, i don't know how to forward it.

I tried Forward with Masking and i got some kind of iframe...which is not what i want.

I want when a user visits my website, to use the domain i have instead of the free host's domain. I am very inexperienced with these stuff
You have to have the host change the domain on your hosting account, and set the domain's nameservers to your host's.
Well i changed the nameserver, but in the host's CPanel, there are Parked domains, and addon domains.

I have no idea what to change there.
You have to ask your host to change the domain on your hosting account to the new domain. You could do a add on domain, but that would just be a waste of time.
(2011-02-05, 03:29 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]You have to ask your host to change the domain on your hosting account to the new domain. You could do a add on domain, but that would just be a waste of time.

How so? Make it a parked domain. Then do a htaccess rewrite to change anyone who types in the old domain to the new one.