MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6 to 1.6.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The New One. is the new test install I did with a diffrent path. I had to make a new DB and changed the name of the new DB.
You don't need to do anything like that to upgrade... but anyway, fact is that something must have changed if the database details now don't work. If you've not done anything, ask your host if they've done something.
I agree with what your saying. I didnt make a new install to upgrade.
I made a new install to test with. So everything is working.
On the new install I even did a merge with my OLD DB and that works just fine.
So I guess I am asking what to check.
As all this started the moment I tried to do the upgrade. (with no changes except new files from the 1.6.1 uploaded.)

Ok question.
Can I do a full remove my old install and do a new instill in the same path and access my old DB with nothing lost?
Or will a new install wipe out the old data?
Thanks for your time so far.!
No, don't bother doing anything like that, it won't make things any easier, it's making it more complicated than it needs to be.

As I said, simply accessing the upgrade script, let along running it, is not going to rewrite your config file and change it so the details are incorrect. If you have not changed any database details, your host must have done something, so ask them about it. If something's misconfigured here you'll need to find out what it is and why it happened. Or if you want, PM me login details to your host control panel and I'll fix it for you.
Pages: 1 2