MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TechForums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TechForums

This is a new forum that I officially made public today. Over my 4 years of forum administration experience I feel like I've learned what people like in a community and I've build this around that. I've kept the simple feel to avoid distractions and to make sure all pages load quickly. I'll be keeping the forum completely ad-free. I'm making the sections general enough to be populated quickly. I'm just trying to make it a place that people will want to hang out at.

The forum is targeted towards technology lovers. Most tech forums nowadays are focusing on providing technical support, but this one is changing the expectation. We want to give tech lovers a place to discuss what's interesting to them. It's like an organized "off topic" discussion Smile

Tell me what you think. All feedback is welcomed!
I like the logo. You just need to get a different theme or change the themes color and get some more plugins and it will be good!
But what else is there? Don't you think the forum is fully functional now?

I don't want to bloat it and slow it down. The main focus of the site is simplicity and speed. The discussions fuel the site, not the extra things you can do with plugins. And it's not that ugly to scare people away Smile
(2011-02-05, 11:13 PM)TechieGeek Wrote: [ -> ]But what else is there? Don't you think the forum is fully functional now?

I don't want to bloat it and slow it down. The main focus of the site is simplicity and speed. The discussions fuel the site, not the extra things you can do with plugins. And it's not that ugly to scare people away Smile

Your forum is fully functional now. MyBB is great forum software. You can always add plugins if/when the need comes up. Not all of them add extras for users, btw. Some are to make an admin's job easier.

I guess the only thing I might nitpick is that you have non-tech forums in your tech forums section. You could make two sections. But it's not a big deal.

Best of luck with your forum.