MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help me about installing. I am a newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I have installed mybb to my host using softcolous. Then I searched for the theme and downloaded a theme .zip. Then I extracted it. I have succesfuly uploaded/imported .xml file but I dont know where to and how to upload those images. There is a read me file in my theme but I already stated I am newbie and I dont know what is ftp or ./img , please help me.

Here is my forum www.waytoearning.com
tell me how ugly it looks without images.
If you don't have access to your files, you can't upload themes.
(2011-02-06, 11:31 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't have access to your files, you can't upload themes.

what do u mean? Im asking u how to upload files? I have access to my theme n hosting but dnt know where to upload files. Can u help me?
I think what he's saying is he doesn't know what FTP is or how to upload files to his server, and as such can't upload the images he needs to.
good search filezilla and download it and PM me if you need any help
Go to your Hosting account..Upload your theme in images directory.. and if there s javascript upload that too... Better REad "Readme.txt" file in How to upload theme.. to your hosting account.

And in ACP, Go to your Templates, click Import templates. and than Upload only ".xml" file of your theme.

and than In templates section, Select uploaded theme To Use.

Thats it.
Have Fun.

Post your further status, when you are done.
(2011-02-07, 04:33 AM)grave Wrote: [ -> ]Go to your Hosting account..Upload your theme in images directory.. and if there s javascript upload that too... Better REad "Readme.txt" file in How to upload theme.. to your hosting account.

And in ACP, Go to your Templates, click Import templates. and than Upload only ".xml" file of your theme.

and than In templates section, Select uploaded theme To Use.

Thats it.
Have Fun.

Post your further status, when you are done.
I have opened file manager option in my hosting cpanel, and uploaded images their. Is it ok? Or I need to upload them to image directory?