MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Simple question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,
I was reading the thread: "This is the 2nd time we've been hacked..."
I'm sorry about that HuhHuhHuh

Anyway my question is, to make backup, do i have to use: Tools and maintenance --> Database Backups in the admin CP of mybb forum? OR use the Database Backup option from the Cpanel of the web hosting company?

Which backup of these two will cover all the posts and attachments (full backup)?

Thanks in advance.
Both will backup everything concerning your MyBB installation. The cPanel may give you a little more data which is unrelated, though.
(2011-02-06, 04:43 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Both will backup everything concerning your MyBB installation. The cPanel may give you a little more data which is unrelated, though.

Thanks for the reply Blush

I just did both: The backup from the admin Cpanel is 10.5 MB and that of web hosting backup is 126 MB?
There is a big diff in size?!!?
I think that of Cpanel didnt cover the attachments since I have more than 20 MB only attachments!

(2011-02-06, 04:57 AM)testpoint Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-06, 04:43 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Both will backup everything concerning your MyBB installation. The cPanel may give you a little more data which is unrelated, though.

Thanks for the reply Blush

I just did both: The backup from the admin Cpanel is 10.5 MB and that of web hosting backup is 126 MB?
There is a big diff in size?!!?
I think that of Cpanel didnt cover the attachments since I have more than 20 MB only attachments!

You've probably backed up the entire directory + database. Also, the attachments aren't stored in the database.
So even if we make backup restore we will not get the attachments?

Then where they are saved?

Thanks and regards.
Attachments are in the file system. They're the only thing in the file system that are impossible to replace.