MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mail Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

About 2-3 weeks ago, I tried to send a mass mail to my members on my site, every member (around 200 people then), I selected every user group, but only 7 or 8 recipients were shown.

I tried just now to mass mail again, this time, the recipients was shown as 114 people, out of the 255 members we have, with every user group selected.

This is baffling me into why this is happening, I fear it may be to do with the switch from MyBB 1.6.1 to phpBB 3.0.8 and back again to MyBB, anyway, hopefully with your help, I'll be able to resolve it.

If necessary, I can provide a Support Team member with a test account with admin rights to recreate this behaviour.

Does anyone have a possible solution or thought about this?

Thank you.

http://thediscussionzone.com
It'll be because they've turned off the option to receive emails from the admins.

You can change this setting for everybody, but then there's not much point on having the setting if they'll still get the emails, and I think legally, you have to let people opt out of these emails if they choose.
(2011-02-06, 11:24 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It'll be because they've turned off the option to receive emails from the admins.

You can change this setting for everybody, but then there's not much point on having the setting if they'll still get the emails, and I think legally, you have to let people opt out of these emails if they choose.

I think it was because we moved from phpBB and back again, it messed up loads of settings.

How do I change the setting globally?

Run this Query while viewing the users table (Usually mybb_users) by clicking the 'SQL' tab at the very top. Smile
UPDATE 'mybb_users' SET 'allownotices' = '1'
(2011-02-06, 02:31 PM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]Run this Query while viewing the users table (Usually mybb_users) by clicking the 'SQL' tab at the very top. Smile
UPDATE 'mybb_users' SET 'allownotices' = '1'

Tried that, got this: #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''mybb_users' SET 'allownotices' = '1'' at line 1
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `allownotices` = '1';

Column and table names have to have around them, not ' '
Ahhh, Couldn't find the `` on my godmums keyboard, so I thought '' may work. Apparently not Toungue