MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking to buy a good php book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-02-06, 02:59 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]These are the PHP Books on my shelf. Which have taken me from not knowing PHP at all, to being the lead developer for the merge system in less than a year.

With those 4 books you have everything you need. But you could add Expert PHP & MySQL as well.

Wrox ftw! Seriously I like their books.Big Grin
(2011-02-07, 06:16 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-06, 02:59 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]These are the PHP Books on my shelf. Which have taken me from not knowing PHP at all, to being the lead developer for the merge system in less than a year.

With those 4 books you have everything you need. But you could add Expert PHP & MySQL as well.

Wrox ftw! Seriously I like their books.Big Grin

O'Rielly is better. Toungue
(2011-02-06, 07:34 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm considering buying both the 2nd and the 3rd book Dylan mentioned.

Great, if you do though remember that there are a lot of errata between those books and PHP 5.3, which is becoming more and more common to find. Not so much that you can't just check the PHP errata website if you have an issue with PHP 5.3 though. Smile
.... Damn spammers

EDIT: Spam post has been deleted
I use the PHP and MySQL Web Development for Dummies book, hasn't failed me so far Big Grin
Pages: 1 2